College Planning: A Parent’s Guide to Getting Started
Chances are, if you’re like the parents we’ve worked with, you have the desire and care to help your child succeed but you’re struggling with where to start!
You want to do everything in your power to make sure they can afford the college of their dreams, but the amount of information out there is downright overwhelming!
Do any of these sound like something you worry about?
- I’m overwhelmed and don’t know where to start.
- I didn’t have to do all of this when I was in high school, so I’m worried about missing something.
- I have lots of questions, but I’m not quite sure what to ask.
- I feel like they odds are stacked against us.
- I’m too busy to worry about all of this right now.
- I don’t know how to get my child motivated to participate.
- I’m worried that it’s just too late for us to start now.
When we talk with the parents we work with across the country, they always tell us that getting started was the hardest part of the college planning process.
You probably didn’t have to worry about all of this when you were in high school. The process was so much simpler: fill out an application and wait to see if you were accepted.
Nowadays it starts much earlier and there are so many hoops to jump through and factors to consider, not to mention the scary thought of college debt!
We created this course to help parents like you get started on this journey, whether you have an 8th grader or a rising senior.
The course will walk you through the ScholarPrep System step by step so that you can help your child prepare for college and for scholarships.
This course is set up for you to complete at your own pace and to come back to a lecture any time you need a refresher. You can work through the materials a little bit at a time over a few weeks, or you can sit down and finish it in just a couple of hours - whatever works best for you!
The downloads will help you get on track and stay on track throughout high school and even the college years.
Here’s a list of everything you'll get in this course:
- Video lectures detailing the exact steps you need to take to help your child prepare for college and scholarship applications
- 5 Steps to Preparing for College
- College Timeline Checklists
- High School Tracking List
- Monthly Planning Checklist
- College Prep System Checklist
After purchasing, you will receive a welcome packet and information about how to access the course.